Sunday 27 January 2013

Textiles

Here is my finished textiles pocket, in this assignment we based our pocket idea around the idea of a secret agent pocket, however this secret agent could be practically anything and I based it around someone promoting Greenpeace, my pocket shows many of my sample textile work, with different layers and compartments.

Here is a couple of sample pieces of work from my sketchbook, this includes an image transfer, using image transfer paper to create a professional print on the fabric. There are also two free hand sowing samples done on the sowing machine, this creates a continuous line effect.
Here are some screen print sames on some fabric from my sketchbook the first images i created worked well, when i did a second image of flowers i used two inks, because there was too much ink used the image didn't print well, this is because you need a thin even layer.
Here is my acetate sheet that I used to create my screen print on fabric, next to the acetate is some line drawings on tracing paper which were my first ideas for the screen print design.  
Firstly, is a sample of image transfer on image using image transfer solution, and secondly a batik sample using candlewax and ink. 

No comments:

Post a Comment